Making Life With Outlook Easier and More Fun
Thanks for stopping by! I assume you are here because you are a Microsoft Outlook user. If you work in a corporate office, you probably use this sophisticated program for hours Monday through Friday, if not seven days a week. And if you are using it at home, you probably still fire it up at least several times a week. If you're like me, you practically live with it.
This site is here to make living with Outlook easier and more fun. It answers common questions. Gives you tips. Shows you tricks. Helps you get the day-to-day benefits that come from owning a great tool and using it well. And make no mistake, this is a great tool. Whether you are using it strictly to send and receive email, or it is your resource for managing all your personal information, this is one capable and versatile tool.
That's all well and good, but why should you stay here and listen to me? My name is Bill Mann. I'm your guide to all of Outlook's coolest, most useful features. As the leader of numerous online courses on the subject (currently Introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Introduction to Microsoft Outlook 2013) and author of two books on it as well, I've taught thousands of people the basics.
The people I work with are an interesting and diverse bunch. Many of my students and readers have full-time jobs and need to use this beast in the real world to help them get their work done in the fastest, most efficient way possible.
Another large segment is people returning to the workforce after months, even years doing other stuff. As you can imagine, a big chunk of this group is moms returning to work after raising one or more children. With the rate that technology changes, even the most tech-savvy person will likely find that the tools they were experts with when they left have changed drastically and that a refresher is in order.
The third major group I work with is retirees. Retirement means many changes in lifestyle and often physical location, but many of these folks are unwilling to lose their connection to friends and colleagues because of this. They turn to Outlook as a way to keep in touch, keep their new lives (and hopefully busy social calendars) organized, and keep their minds sharp. Like I said, a diverse and interesting bunch.
chances are, you probably probably fit into one of these groups. If so, you'll be glad to know that this site contains the answers to the most common questions these people have asked me over the years. I bet it contains the answers to your questions too.
So please take some time and explore the site. You'll find everything from detailed instructions on setting up new mail accounts, tips on getting free stuff, even ways to reduce (although not eliminate) the flood of junk mail you are probably drowning in.
- Outlook Web Mail Accounts
- Deal with all your email in one place. Detailed instructions for Outlook web mail account access.
- Outlook Articles - Articles on Living With Outlook 2007
- Outlook Articles - Articles related to living and working with Outlook 2007.
- My Favorite Outlook Tips
- A collection of my favorite Microsoft Outlook tips. The little Outlook tips that make a big day-to-day difference. Work smarter, not harder!
- General Microsoft Office Outlook News
- The latest Microsoft Office Outlook News
- The Latest Outlook 2013 News
- The latest Outlook 2013 news, live off the Internet.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 News
- The latest Microsoft Office Outlook News, with a focus on Outlook 2010 news.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 News
- The latest Microsoft Office Outlook News, with a focus on Outlook 2003 news.
- Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 News
- The latest Microsoft Office Outlook News, with a focus on Outlook 2007 news.
- Find Outlook items. Search messages and anything else in Outlook.
- Outlook can hold so much information, that the big issue shifts to finding what you want. Search for email and other items, as well as within items.
- Finding and Installing Microsoft Outlook Updates
- Tap into the endless stream of Microsoft Outlook updates to keep your software working its best.
- An Outlook Data Management Plan
- A plan for managing Outlook data that makes backup easy.
- Search the Site
- Use this page to search the Living With Outlook site.
- Product Reviews Page
- Links to Outlook-related product reviews
- Configure Outlook 2007
- Links to various options for configuring Outlook 2007.
- Can't Send Email
- Can't send email? Here are the most common solutions.